Pregnancy Diet doesn't really exist because you really shouldn't "diet" when you are pregnant, but you should have a healthy nutrition. The sad thing, is that women use this time to over indulge and eat whatever they want, in the portions they want with the excuse that they are eating for 2!
Excuse my FRENCH but that is a crock of you know what!
If you would just change your mind set and try to create the most precious, healthy, and optimal environment in your body for your little angel to grow and live in, it would be a whole other story. So if you are not there yet my friend, I challenge you to work on your mind set.
Think of eating as healthy as you can so that your baby can develop under the best possible circumstances. Trust me, this makes it a ton easier to eat healthy.
In my pregnancy, I gained 20lbs and felt like a million bucks. Yup, believe it or not, I loved being pregnant. But I think the reason why was because I was healthy, I wasn't logging around excess weight that gave me aches and pains and made me feel horrible about myself. Actually it was quite the contrary, because I ate so healthy and exercised, I never felt any pains and always had tons of energy.
So I want to share a few things that worked for me as well as the tons of Pregnant women that I work with. Also, check out these pregnancy fitness tips that I shared on the News: Pregnancy Fitness Tips In The News
Pregnancy Diet & Nutrition Tips
- Plan out a healthy menu for the week and COMMIT to it.
- Make sure that in your weekly menu you have a variety of different healthy foods in order to give all the nutrients to your baby.
- Make sure that you choose yummy foods so that you enjoy what you eat, because if not, you will end up bingeing. Take some time to look through recipe books, magazines, online and choose yummy healthy recipes and meals so that you enjoy eating healthy. I have a great healthy recipe book called Eat To Be Fit, it has tons of yummy, easy and delicious healthy recipes, you may want to give it a try.
- At the beginning of the week, make or buy a bunch of healthy snacks and have them readily available.
- Every time you leave your house, whether its for 5 minutes or 4 hours, take a bunch of healthy snacks with you in your bag. This will prevent you from feeling sick and also prevent bad cravings.
- Make sure to eat something every 2-3 hours.
- Don't over indulge. Feel yourself out, when you are full, stop eating. Just listen to your body and don't worry about calories.
- Take a good prenatal vitamin.
- Drink a TON OF WATER.
Here is an idea of a great Pregnancy Nutrition Snack. Its easy to make, super yummy and great to carry around in your purse when you are on the go.
Also, make sure you are exercising. It will help you prevent EXCESS WEIGHT GAIN, it will INCREASE YOUR ENERGY, DECREASE ACHES AND PAINS and help you enjoy your pregnancy so much more. it will also help you during labor and delivery. Who doesn't want that. These are the workouts that I did when pregnant and I have used them with hundreds of pregnant women: Fit-To-Be Mom Workouts. These Pregnancy Workouts change every month to help you stay fit and healthy. This is a great way to ensure you are doing SAFE and appropriate workouts. Check them out here: Fit Mom-To-Be Workouts.
Check out this great way to relieve pain when you are pregnant:
You can get all my exercise and nutrition tips, articles, workouts and recipes for pregnancy on My Pinterest Boards. I have one for Pregnancy Nutrition & Recipes and one for Pregnancy Exercise & Workouts
Posted on Wed, July 18, 2012
by Michelle Diaz filed under